Joining LSEE Major
For students interested in declaring the LSEE major:
- Complete and submit the LSEE Change of Major Request Google form.
- Attend an idividual appointment with your printer "What If" analysis.
- Participate in LSEE Advance Registration group adivising sessions each semester to select courses and request overrides.
- Submit the Change of Major Google form when eligible to enter the LSEE major and/or consider changing ytour major to Undeclared while working toward declaring LSEE.
Attending an individual LSEE Change of Major advising appointment is an important step in joining LSEE. These appointments are held at the VCU Meeting Center at 101 N. Harrison Street.
Important Change of Major Dates
While it is possible to change your major at any time during the year, it can be difficult to schedule and appointment during Add/Drop and Advance Registration periods. Due to the high volume of requests we receive during these busy times of year, we strongly encourage students to schedule change of major appointments outside of the following dates:
January 16-22 Spring 2018 Add/Drop Period
March 19-April 20 Fall 2018 Advance Registration Period
August 23-29 Fall 2018 Add/Drop Period
October 23-November 25 Spring 2019 Advance Registration Period
***If we receive a substantial number of change of major requests during Add/Drop or Advance Registration, students may be asked to attend a group workshop, rather than an individual appointment.
Deadline to attend a Change of Major individual appointment if requesting TEDU 101:
- If requesting TEDU 101 for Fall: Attend a session BEFORE May 4
***Individual appointments can be difficult to schedule immediately preceding this deadline. Please plan accordingly!
Leaving the LSEE Major
For current LSEE majors interested in declaring a different major:
If you are a current LSEE student, and you're planning to change your major from LSEE to a different discipline, you do not need to schedule an appointment with LSEE Advising. Instead, please schedule an appointment with an advisor in the department into which you plan to transfer.
Although not required, LSEE Advising would greatly appreciate an email at firstname.lastname@example.org notifying us of your plans.