Extended Teacher Preparation
Teacher Preparation is the culmination of the undergraduate experience and the student’s first Practicum experience in the Liberal Studies for Elementary Education Program. Teacher Prep also serves as the senior capstone requirement for the LSEE Program. Upon completion of 75 credits and completion of one semester at VCU, students may apply for our Admission to the Teacher Preparation program. Teacher Preparation applications for fall semester are due by April 1. Teacher Preparation applications for spring semester are due by October 15.
What do I need to submit when I apply to Teacher Preparation?
- Completed application
- 3.0 cumulative VCU GPA
- Foundations requirement (completion of EDUS 301 or TEDU 101 or equivalent transfer course from another university)
- 1-2 page personal statement
- Official copies of required admission test scores
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (Extended Teacher Preparation student transcripts will be obtained by the School of Education Student Services Center)
- All applications must be reviewed and signed by academic adviser (for details contact the School of Education Student Services Center at (804) 827-2670).