The Liberal Studies for Early and Elementary Education Program at Virginia Commonwealth University considers academic advising a cooperative effort between the adviser and the student. Professional advisers provide recommendations to their advisees in terms of academic planning and career goals, and expect their advisees to take a continuous, active role in this process. The student has the ultimate responsibility of his/her schedule and academic plans, including adherence to all deadlines set by the University as indicated on the academic calendar and meeting degree requirements as specified in the VCU Undergraduate Bulletin.
Our goal is to make available all the information necessary for you to make the very best choices in your upcoming enrollment while facilitating a timely graduation which will save you money in the long run! We strongly recommend every student meet with an adviser prior to registration every semester to ensure accurate course selection and timely progress towards degree completion.
First Year Students
- Advised by University Academic Advising (Strategic Enrollment Management)
- Located on the first floor of Hibbs Hall.
- Contact (804) 828-8648 or schedule an appointment at go.vcu.edu/advisingappt.
Declared 2nd-Year Students, Juniors and Seniors, and All Transfer Students
Professional advisers assist with course selection to help students make timely and accurate progress towards degree completion.
- Advising on course selection, pre-professional testing, Extended Teacher Preparation Program and Master in Teaching Program requirements and applications
- Advising location: VCU Meeting Center (101 N. Harrison Street)
- Appointments can be scheduled at go.vcu.edu/advisingappt.